By using the website belonging to https://powerstroke.or.jp (hereinafter referred to as our company), you agree to the terms and conditions regarding the protection of personal information described below. If you disagree with these terms and conditions, please refrain from using our website.
Definition of Personal Information
Our company defines personal information as information related to living individuals (names and other information that can identify specific individuals) as stipulated in the laws pertaining to personal information in Japan.
These include e-mail addresses, user IDs, passwords, etc., and personal information such as hobbies, family composition, age, and other personal attributes.
Cookies and IP Address Information
We do not consider cookies and IP address information personal information, as they alone cannot identify a specific individual.
However, when combined with this and other personal information, it is considered personal information.
In the media operated by our company, even if we cannot identify a specific individual, we will disclose the purpose and method when using cookies and IP address information.
In addition, it is possible to refuse cookie information through browser settings.
If the service is inaccessible without the cookies, we will announce that fact.
Identification of the Purpose of Use of Personal Information
When handling personal information, our company specifies the purpose of its use to the best of our capabilities.
Restrictions on the Use of Personal Information
The Company will not handle personal information beyond the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use without obtaining the person’s consent.
Even if personal information is acquired due to a merger or other reason, we will only handle it within the scope of the purpose of use before the succession if we obtain the person’s consent in advance. However, this shall not apply in the following cases.
- hen there is a risk of harming the life, body, property, or other rights and interests of the person or a third party by notifying the person of the purpose of the use or publicly announcing it.
- When there is a risk of harming our company’s rights or legitimate interests by notifying the person of the purpose of the use or publicly announcing it.
- In cases where it is necessary to cooperate with a national agency or local public entity in carrying out the affairs stipulated by laws and ordinances, we will not be notifying the person of the purpose of the use or publicly announcing it to avoid the risk of hindrance in the execution of said affairs.
- When the purpose of the use is evident because of an acquisition situation.
Change of Purpose of Use of Personal Information
When changing the purpose of use of personal information, the company will only do so within the scope reasonably recognized to have considerable relevance to the purpose of service before the change. In cases like this, individuals will be personally notified, or there will be a public announcement.
Safety management of personal information and supervision of employees
Our company will conduct necessary and appropriate supervision of employees to prevent leakage, loss, or damage of personal information and to ensure other safety management of personal information.
When having employees handle personal information, our company will conduct necessary and appropriate supervision of employees so that personal information can be safely managed.
Supervision of Subcontractors
When outsourcing all or part of handling personal information, the company will conclude a contract with the outsourcee, including confidentiality, or conduct necessary and appropriate supervision so that the outsourcee can safely manage personal information.
Restrictions on Provision to Third Parties
The company will not provide personal information to a third party without the individual’s consent, except in the following cases.
- Requirements by the Law
- When it is necessary to protect a person’s life, body, or property and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual
- Obtaining the individual’s consent is difficult when it is particularly necessary to improve public health or promote children’s sound development.
- When it is necessary to cooperate with a national agency, a local government, or a person entrusted by them in carrying out the affairs prescribed by laws and regulations and obtaining the consent of the person concerned interferes with the execution of the affairs when there is a risk of
- When the following matters are notified or announced in advance
However, the following cases do not correspond to the third party specified above.
- When the company outsources all or part of the handling of personal information within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use
- When personal information is provided along with business succession due to merger or other reasons
- When personal information is jointly used with a specific person, to that effect, the items of personal information to be jointly used, the scope of joint users, the purpose of use of the users, and When the name of the person responsible for the management of the relevant personal information is notified to the person in advance, or is put in a state where the person can easily know it
Disclosure, etc., of Matters Concerning Personal Information
The Company will put the following matters related to personal information in a state where the person can know and will respond without delay to the person’s request.
- Purpose of use of personal information
However, this excludes cases where there is no obligation to do so under the Act on the Protection of Personal Information. If we decide not to respond, we will notify you to that effect without delay.
- Inquiries regarding personal information
Disclosure of personal information
When the person in question requests disclosure of personal information, our group will disclose it to the person in question without delay. However,
if the disclosure falls under any of the following, we may not disclose all or part of it, and if we decide not to disclose it, we will notify you immediately.
- When there is a risk of harming the life, body, property, or other rights and interests of the individual or a third party
- When there is a risk of a significant hindrance to the proper implementation of our company’s business
- When it would violate other laws and regulations
Correction of Personal Information, etc.
If the person requests correction, addition, or deletion of content (hereinafter referred to as “correction, etc.”) because the personal information is inaccurate, the Company will take special measures pursuant to the provisions of other laws and ordinances. Except for cases where procedures are stipulated, we will conduct necessary investigations without delay within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use, based on the results, correct the content of personal information, etc., and notify the person to that effect.
Suspension of Use of Personal Information, etc.
If an individual requests for erasure or suspension of use thereof due to the personal information being handled beyond the scope of the purpose of the use or that the personal information has been obtained by deception or other wrongful means, the company will conduct the necessary investigation without delay. Based on the results, we will suspend the use of personal information, etc., and notify the person to that effect.
However, in cases where suspension of use, etc., of personal information, requires a significant cost or other instances in which suspension of use, etc., is complex, and where necessary alternative measures can be taken to protect the rights and interests of the individual, then the company will take this alternative.
Explanation of Reasoning
If the company decides to take the below action without the request from an individual, We will endeavor to notify the individual and give reasonings for such activities.
- Do not notify the purpose of use.
- Do not disclose all or part of personal information
- Do not stop using personal information
- Do not stop providing personal information to third parties
The Information Desk